Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Back Stage.. On Stage..

6th Nov was annual day celebration in our office. It was held at Christ College Auditorium. It was more of a business meeting combined with some amount of entertainment. The auditorium looked so classy with all modern lighting and sound equipments. They must have spent a fortune to create one such a set up. I took part in one of the performances which is a kind of MIME cum skit.

We had been practicing it almost since last 20 + days regularly. Our efforts didn’t go in drain as I witnessed a lot of people complimenting our performance immediately after the show.

The performance was for around 9 minutes and my role was for around 3 minutes overall I guess. Theme of the performance was Dream. I played the role of a beautiful college girl rejecting all the guys who fall for her because they are not successful in life. The girl’s interest is to get married to a rich guy!

I had to do catwalk on the stage twice in front of all these guys who comes to propose me. I could hear lot of whistling from the audience when I was walking on the stage J Then in the next scene I had to run behind a guy in slow motion (like they show in the movies) and later run away with a guy who is more richer!! Felt quite funny doing it all. I had not imagined myself acting on a big stage especially with a corporate group. Surprisingly I did not have even slightest stage fear! Let me try uploading the video..

1 comment:

Rags said...

Did anyone propose u aftr tht catwalk...huh? Whr r the pics???