Sunday, November 23, 2008

Foreseeing death? Science has no clear answer…

Y’day my bro called me up to inform that his dear friend’s father passed away. He was around 67 and was suffering from stomach cancer for a few months. By the time they diagnosed, it was already in the last stage and doctors had given indication that he will not live for more than 6 months. A man with heavy built had shrunken a lot in very little time.

Yesterday morning he had taken two of the little pups for a small walk. When he wanted to enter inside the house, pups resisted and pulled him which was quite unusual behavior as per their family. He came inside, relaxed for few minutes and spoke about some kind of pain in his left arm. Later I believe he mentioned to his son (bro’s friend) that he will not survive for long and that he has been troubling them all for a long time. Again hearing such dialogue was unusual for family as they never heard him speak like that anytime before. A few minutes later he passed away.

What am I trying to say here is a lot of people can foresee their death a few days or hours before they pass away. Itz extremely surprising how that really happens. I have seen it with my own dad. I had never seen my dad talking so different anytime before. But he did, two days before he passed away. My dad started saying that he wants to go to his mom’s place soon. When we forced him to eat some food, he was saying things as in only mom’s cooking is tastier in the world..he will have food with his mom etc. His face had turned black 2 days before itself. My doggie at home was crying big-time the previous night. A monkey jumped through the hospital window, came to my dad and pulled his bed sheet. They say Lord Hanuman is ‘Prana Devaru’. Because I had heard a lot of people saying that these are some of the indications before death, I had started getting too panic about the whole aspect and was crying every now and then trying to imagine his absence in our lives.

When I reported my dad’s behaviour to the doctor, I guess even he understood what is going to happen. He said my dad is talking irrelevant things because of the blood circulation directly to his brain due to generation of some chemicals. (something on those lines). But I knew…. somehow my 6th sense told me that if my dad shows symptoms of immediate recovery all of a sudden, then itz even more obvious that he will not survive. There is a say in kannada ‘diva burns brighter than ever before it turns off’. Same thing happened… Dad who was not able to get up on his own for those 3 days - all of a sudden got up on his own in the mid night, walked in the corridors of the hospital, went to the toilet on his own several times the entire day.

While my other family members and relatives were very happy about the progress, I was trying to digest the fact that anything can go wrong anytime. And I witnessed the worst moment at 8.15pm on last day of diwali last year (2007). It was a colourful Sunday everywhere.

Anyway what I wanted to say was lot of people can foresee their death when it is about to hit them. No advancement in science and technology can still provide a logic to it. Isn’t it the superpower (I believe its God) that drives life and death?

No comments: